Seven Actions for Tuesday in indeterminacy
by Chef Steel
in the morning1. Swipe off oil from the dipstick of a car with your index finger. Make a drawing with that oil on a sheet of paper.
2. Cut your fingernails and put them in the pocket of your favorite coat. Then forget about them.
3. Cut five hairs from your head, use each to mark pages: 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 in a book you are about to read. Continue this until you read the word "hair" on any of the marked pages.
in the afternoon4. Place an ice cube on top of a bar of soap. See which melts faster.
5. Go to a body of water, and pick a stone out of the water. Place the stone on your open left hand. Walk west until the stone is dry. Drop the stone from your shoulder. Stay where you are until you feel the wind.
6. Into two identical cups, pour identical amounts of water, stir into one of the cups a tablespoon of salt and in the other, sugar. Let evaporate over days. Change them around. Guess which had salt or sugar. Pour water in each to taste.
in the evening
7. Remember a past lover. Smear your lips with jam or honey. Take a three by five card and press it to your lips. Let it dry completely. Put it in an envelope. Address it to a made up name in a foreign country, and mail it that night. Do not use a return address, be sure there's enough postage.